Dental Implants at Bright Smile Design Dental NYC
In our dental office our Dental Implant Dentist use one of the top implant system available in the market Nobel Biocare we believe in using the best and latest dental technique as well as materials available because our patient deserve the best dental care possible. We strive to make your appointment as simple and painless as possible so our dental office offer a free dental implant consultation.
Our consultation offers a digital panorex which creates lower radiation then a traditional xray, then a complete dental implant treatment plan will be discussed. The dental implant treatment involves an explanation of the dental implant placement procedure, if there is enough bone or is bone grafting needed and the type of teeth that will be placed on the dental implants after healing.
In our dental office we believe that our patient should not be without teeth so in most cases we offer teeth in a day meaning that once your dental implants are placed you will leave with temporary teeth the same day. So give our dental office a call for your free dental implant consultation.
How Do Dental Implant Supported Teeth Differ From a Conventional Dental Bridge?
Compared to a conventional prosthesis,dental implant supported teeth Function, look and feel like natural teeth. Allow you to speak, smile and eat with confidence. They are comfortable and stay in place unlike removable denture .Dental Implants Do not need other teeth for support and do not require “cutting down” or preparation of other teeth. When a single tooth is missing, the two most common treatment options are the traditional tooth supported bridge, when a traditional bridge is used to replace a missing tooth, the adjacent teeth are cut down to pegs in order to fit the cemented bridge in place. This method of tooth replacement can be very esthetic and functional for a period of time. However, a tooth supported bridge does not help maintain the bone that surrounds the root. Since there is no longer a root to hold the bone in place, the bone deteriorates, or melts away.
When missing a single tooth, the gold standard for replacing it is with a Single Dental Implant, the advantage of a dental implant over other dental restorations are:
- It looks, feels and functions like a natural tooth.
- A dental Implant is much more esthetic.
- Dental implants are better long term, It does not get decay.
- There is no need to grind down the adjacent natural teeth.
- There is little or no bone loss and prevents a visible bony defect.
- It is easier to clean than other tooth supported bridges.
Replacing Multiple Missing Teeth
When more than one tooth is missing, there are three common treatment options: 1) The traditional tooth supported dental bridge 2) An uncomfortable removable partial denture or 3) A dental implant supported bridge. In this situation the benefits of dental implant supported teeth are even more obvious. A removable prosthesis, such as a partial denture, actually accelerates the bone melting process, resulting in more rapid bone deterioration. In addition, the clasps which hold the partial denture in place put extreme pressure on the natural teeth they hook onto, loosening them and in many cases, eventually leading to the loss of those teeth. Most patients with partial dentures state that they are uncomfortable and that they rarely wear them.
The advantages of replacing multiple missing teeth with dental implant supported bridges include the following:
- They look feel and function like natural teeth.
- They are much more comfortable and stable than partial dentures.
- Natural biting and chewing ability is restored.
- They virtually stop the bone resorption process (deterioration).
- Facial esthetics are maintained with a youthful appearance.
- Adjacent natural teeth are not compromised (ground down to stumps or loosened).
Missing All the Teeth Full Mouth Dental Implants
In the past, people missing all of their teeth had no option but dentures. A Denture has numerous disadvantages, such as:
- Dentures are uncomfortable and often painful
- Dentures do not look natural, especially when eating
- As the bone continues to melt away, the dentures become loose, and can fall out when laughing, sneezing, or coughing without the use of adhesives
- People without their teeth and supporting bone visibly age much faster
- Wearing dentures usually undermines a person’s self confidence (they have missing body parts and do not feel complete or natural)
- People with dentures cannot eat certain foods, such as steak, corn on the cob and apples
- People with dentures generally have bad breath
These problems can be solved with dental implant supported replacement teeth, which are stable (securely fastened to the implants) and maintain the integrity of the facial structures by preserving the bone. Some of the many advantages of dental implant supported teeth include the following:
- They are more comfortable and stable than traditional dentures
- They virtually stop the bone resorption process (deterioration)
- Integrity of the facial structures is maintained
- Appearance is improved
- It is not necessary to cover the roof of the mouth, so food can be tasted
- Relines and repairs are infrequent compared to traditional dentures.
- Natural biting and chewing capacity is restored with several options that exist to replace the teeth that missing such as overdentures.
There are two types of Dental Implant Dentures:
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The cost of dental implants vary from depending what type of implant, to how many dental implants are needed, what material is used for the dental bridges, if bone grafting is needed, and what type of temporary is used. Get a dental implant quote specific for your case by setting up an free dental implants consultation with our NYC Dental Implant Dentist
For more information about being treated at Bright Smile Design Dental for Dental Bridges, Dental Implants or Cosmetic Dentistry in NYC or if you are interested in a complimentary Dental Implant consultation please feel free to contact the best in class, top rated doctor, Dr Alexander Lezhansky today by Calling his New York office.