Digital X-ray NYC
Our Dental office stays on top of the latest dental technology in order to make you visit as enjoyable as possible. One of those ways is by using digital x-rays including. Our Digital panoramic x-ray machine 3D cone beam for dental implants. It helps us to make your experience more enjoyable by being able to take one x-rays and see all your teeth which helps us diagnose dental disease in just seconds.
We also use digital intraoral x-rays which reduce the amount of radiation that is needed to take an x-ray. Digital x-rays enable us to see the image in seconds rather than minutes with less radiation.
Not only do digital x-rays expose patients and staff to up to 90% less radiation than traditional film x-rays, but they also have the following additional benefits:
- Digital X-rays are better for the environment because they don’t require developing.
- Digital X-rays viewed on a computer monitor within seconds of taking the image.
- They can be enhanced and enlarged for better diagnostics.
- Digital X-ray be sent to other providers in an instant via email.
- They can be placed in your electronic patient file for immediate retrieval.
CBCT scans help in the planning of oral implants. They enable measurement of the distance between the alveolar crest and mandibular canal to avoid impingement of inferior alveolar nerve, avoid perforation of the mandible.