6 Unexpected Benefits of Dental Implants
- Posted on: Mar 6 2018
Patients who pursue dental implants as a restorative dentistry solution may simply be thinking, “I’ve got to fix these holes in my smile.” The reality, however, is that once you get those dental implants, you will enjoy more benefits than you could possibly have anticipated.
- Aesthetically pleasing. You wanted to replace your missing teeth, or missing tooth, and now you have. But the best news is that your dental implants look like natural teeth. So you now have a complete and stunning smile that looks like your original teeth.
- Durable. If you’ve been living with a smile that is anything but reliable, you will fall in love with your dental implants when you realize just how secure your teeth now are. Dental implants are able to withstand great force thanks to their strength and inflexibility.
- Functional. When your teeth are loose in your mouth, or if you have had enormous gaps in your smile because of missing teeth, you are unable to function normally. Eating is compromised. Speaking is affected. Dental implants eliminate these problems immediately by functioning exactly like a natural tooth. Full functionality is restored to your teeth and jaw.
- Easy to care for. Dental implants may require a few trips to your implant dentist for completion, but once firmly in place dental implants are easy to take care of. There is no special care required for dental implants. Simply floss and brush your teeth as you would all of your natural teeth. And don’t forget to visit your dentist every six months for a professional dental exam and cleaning.
- Improved confidence. Whether you were willing to admit it to yourself before or not, your self-esteem takes a hit when you’re embarrassed by or ashamed of your smile. Dental implants complete a smile that you may have thought was irreparably broken and give you back the mojo you have long lacked. You will smile, speak up, and eat confidently once again when you know your teeth are staying put and look good.
- A more youthful appearance. Missing teeth not only compromise your ability to function normally, they also impact your appearance. Namely, you could begin to develop a hollowed-out look or sagging cheeks. Tooth loss can be a side effect of aging, and when the foundation of your smile is already compromised by age or osteoporosis or gum disease, you need to find a solution that will support your smile and oral health. Dental implants take the place of your natural tooth root to stimulate the jaw, which improves your appearance inside and out.
Dental implants are a unique and popular restorative dentistry solution. Their ability to correct a number of problems at one time make them attractive to patients with missing or loose teeth. And, dentures can be designed to work along with dental implants. For a long-lasting smile makeover, dental implants should be your choice. Contact your implant dentist Brooklyn at Bright Smile Design Dental to find out whether dental implants are right for you.
Posted in: General Dentistry